- Not one penny was spent in its production
- Not one penny has been spent in its promotion
- There are no sexual references or innuendoes
- There is nothing designed to shock in its content
- Nothing is promoted
- We have only hosted it on YouTube so every view you see are YouTube site views
- The video was created and shared with no intentions of money being made from it
- The wellbeing of the Harry and Charlie has always been more important than anything else
- Anything to do with Charlie Bit Me has been handled by one person until very recently.
- I am not 100% sure about this one, but I am pretty sure no one plays Charlie Bit Me in a Blogger music player gadget automatically every time their blogger page is refreshed (even if they don’t have a sound card or sound turned off). Wow would that make a difference to the views of Charlie Bit Me
Everything has its moment in time. If Gaga overtakes Charlie Bit Me, then it happens. For that matter any number of Vevo music videos could overtake it in the coming months. We would also rather that happen than see the figures fixed by people not wanting or wanting some other course of events and trying to manipulate them. Harry and Charlie will always be about brotherly love, innocents, natural and spontaneous moments absolutely not commercialism. We do not shock, try and make waves or trends or try and appeal to a commercial world. What we do does not generate wealth for multinational organisations. We get lovely comments from teenagers to great grand parents.
The site is made child friendly as often as I am able to delete the comments with foul language. Some of the comments we have seen from ‘fans’ of other videos and pop stars have been verbal diarrhoea at best, disgusting uneducated base mentality at worst. I would like to think any Charlie Bit Me fans are well above this kind of behaviour. We also don't allow the site to be used as a hate site towards any other videos. We maybe unique on that, but it is important to us.
Personally I don't quite see why some people are getting so excited. To me it would be like watching a major/premier league football team taking on a Sunday league Boy Scouts team and then the major league supporters getting over exited when they win.
Seeing the Time Magazine article the other day was great. Thanks to all of you who support the video.
Having the Number 1 spot on YouTube has been fun but it hardly the most important thing about life. Staying honest, genuine and true to yourself and everyone else is of much higher value.
We have always been proud that a simple home video has been able to do so well in the charts compared to all the commercial offerings out there but as we are incredibly proud of our sons anyway a chart position is just a bonus.
I hope no one minds me referring to the artist knows as ‘Lady Gaga’ as Gaga. In the UK ‘Lady’ means something more than a standard dictionary definition. A Lady is a title and apart from the queen women of royal and noble status carry the title of "Lady". As a title of nobility the use of 'Lady' are parallel to those of Lord. I could go around saying Lord Harry and Lord Charlie but I don’t for any number of reasons not least because it would be meaningless and probably upset a few people. If you do have a problem with this please write your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org making sure you address Harry and Charlie with their stage names of the day; Lord Ahh Ahh and Lord HaHa. I think of 'Lady Gaga' as a brand.
If being a ‘real’ Lord or Lady is of real interest to you go here, or give lots of money and or favours to a British Political party. We have no commercial interest of contact with the link above. I was just interested to see what was out there.