Monday 29 November 2010

The Dangers of being inspired by Movies

Toy Story 3 has been a great hit in the house since we bought it last week, even with Jasper who is not bothered with the TV.  However we hired The Karate Kid (2010) at the weekend, Charlie was quite taken with all the moves.  This was good, bad and turned ugly.  Good because martial arts are a great life discipline.  Bad because Charlie started jumping around the house punching and kicking the air (everyone else got out of the way).  Then Ugly because he slipped on our wooden lounge floor while performing some kind of impromptu roundhouse kick letting his face take the impact on the floor.  After a little while of calming down and some TCP all was right in the world again.  Luckily as Charlie points, out his bruise only hurts when he touches it.  Funny how often it is touched :)


The photo does not do the bruise justice there are also a few scratches in there as well.

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry, I laughed.
    and sorry for charlie.
    He's always the hyperactive one.
    LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie,like all of us, has learned his lesson the hard way. He will not engage in such behavior again. Of course, he will do something else.
    I love him!
    Have you gotten any significant snow? Children just love the snow. When I was a child, we went sledding, made igloos, snow forts, angels,etc. Every child need snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to say: Every child needs snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to read about the bruise...guess he has to take a martial art lesson later, so he could learn how to exercise it without getting hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The poor kid!.....we don't know whether to laugh or cry! I am remembering a man who lived next door to us on a military base in the U.S. who solemnly told his little ones about such injuries, "It'll feel better when it quits hurting." It was hard to hear that AND keep a straight face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jasper is the walk into anything boy. He has had a bruise on his forehead in the same place for about a month. His forehead seems to be the thing he uses to stop with when walking up to tables and chairs. Yesterday I saw him walk up to the table, then for some reason wobble and bang his head. It does make you wonder some times

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor kids..First one falls from a from chair,now this.He's not alone though.I used to have a bunk bed,one day,I came back from a bathroom break,and I climbed back into my bed(I used the bottom bunk).Well I was climbing back up in order to get back to a playthrough of one my favorite video games:Metroid Prime.Reason for this is that my tv used to be placed on top of the dresser directly in front of the bed.When I was climbing back into the bed,I bumped my head on the top bunk.I don't know why,but whenever you hit your head on something,IT HURTS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. เว็บดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete